[openstack-dev] [all][tc] final stages of python 3 transition

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Apr 26 17:32:23 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-26 13:17:33 -0400 (-0400), Paul Belanger wrote:
[...]
> This maybe okay, will allow others to comment, but the main reason
> I am not a fan, is we can no longer infer the nodeset by looking
> at the job name. tox-py3 could be xenial or bionic.

This brings back a question we've struggled with for years: are we
testing against "Python X.Y" or are we testing against "Python as
provided by distro Z"? Depending on how you think about that, one
solution or the other is technically a more accurate reflection of
our choice here.
--
Jeremy Stanley