[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-17, April 30 - May 4

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Apr 26 12:46:21 UTC 2018

Time again for our regular release countdown email.

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams should now be focused on feature development and completion of release
goals [0].

[0] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/rocky/index.html

General Information
-------------------

If you have not requested a Rocky-1, please be aware that the next two
milestones can not be missed or your deliverable may not be included as part of
the official Rocky cycle project set.

There were a few projects where the release team had to force a release in
Queens. We would like to avoid that situation in Rocky. For some stable or
code-complete projects, you may want to consider switching to be an independent
release.

This would also be a good time to check whether to do a release for any
independent, library, or stable releases.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to swing by the
#openstack-release channel.

And just a reminder that the TC election is currently under way. Details of the
election can be found here [1].

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/election/

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

TC election closes: Apr 30, 23:45 UTC
Forum at OpenStack Summit in Vancouver: May 21-24
Rocky-2 Milestone: June 7

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)