[openstack-dev] [requirements][horizon][neutron] plugins depending on services

Shu M. shu.mutow at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 04:13:31 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

> unwinding things
> ----------------
>
> There are a few different options, but it's important to keep in mind
> that we ultimately want all of the following:
>
> * The code works
> * Tests can run properly in CI
> * "Depends-On" works in CI so that you can test changes cross-repo
> * Tests can run properly locally for developers
> * Deployment requirements are accurately communicated to deployers

One more thing:
* Test environments between CI and local should be as same as possible.

To run tests in CI and local successfully, I have tried to add new testenv
for local into tox.ini (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/564099/4/tox.ini)
as alternative solution last night, this would be same as adding new
requirements.txt for local check. This seems to run fine, but this might
make difference in environments between CI and local. So I can not conclude
this is the best way for now.

>From view of horizon plugin developer, the one of issue on horizon and
plugins is the feature gap due to unsufficient communication.
Merging developing repository may give good effects for this issue, if
horizon can separate each panels into plugins.

Thanks,
Shu Muto