[openstack-dev] Following the new PTI for document build, broken local builds

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Apr 25 17:10:42 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Sean McGinnis's message of 2018-04-25 11:55:43 -0500:

> > > [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/564232/
> > >

> > The only concern I have is that it may slow the transition to the
> > python 3 version of the jobs, since someone would have to actually
> > fix the warnings before they could add the new job. I'm not sure I
> > want to couple the tasks of fixing doc build warnings with also
> > making those docs build under python 3 (which is usually quite
> > simple).
> >
> > Is there some other way to enable this flag independently of the move to
> > the python3 job?
> >
> > Doug
> >

> I did consider just creating a whole new job definition. I could probably do
> that instead, but my hope was those proactive enough to be moving to python 3
> to run their jobs would also be proactive enough that they have already
> addressed doc job warnings.
>
> We could do two separate jobs, then when everyone is ready, collapse it back to
> one job. I was hoping to jump ahead a little though.

Transitioning jobs is a bit painful because the job definitions and
job templates are defined in separately places. If we don't want
this setting to be controlled from a file within the git repo, I
guess the most expedient thing is to go ahead and make this part
of the python 3 job transition.

Doug