[openstack-dev] [nova] Help needed in debugging issue - ClientException: Unable to update the attachment. (HTTP 500)

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:39:23 UTC 2018

On 4/25/2018 10:34 AM, Sreeram Vancheeswaran wrote:
> Thank you so much Matt for the detailed steps.  We are doing boot from
> image and are probably running into the issue mentioned in [2] in your
> email.

Hmm, OK, but that doesn't really make sense how you're going down this
path [1] in the code because the API doesn't create a volume attachment
record when booting from a volume where the source_type='image', so it
should be going down the "legacy" attach flow where attachment_update is
not called.

Do you have some proprietary code in place that might be causing some
problems? Otherwise we need to figure out how this is failing because it
could be an issue in Queens.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/nova/blob/0a642e2eee8d430ddcccf2947aedcca1a0a0b005/nova/virt/block_device.py#L597

Matt