[openstack-dev] [all] Topics for the Board+TC+UC meeting in Vancouver

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Apr 24 09:11:16 UTC 2018

Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Graham Hayes's message of 2018-04-23 15:36:32 +0100:
>> I think as an add on to this, would to ask the board to talk to members
>> and see what contributions they have made to the technical side of
>> OpenStack.
>>
>> This should not just be Number of commits / reviews / bugs etc but
>> also the motivation for the work, e.g. - Feature for a product, bug fix
>> found in a product, cross project work or upstream project maintenance.
>
> A while back Jay Pipes suggested that we ask contributing companies
> to summarize their work. I think that was in the context of
> understanding what platinum members are doing, but it could apply
> to everyone. By leaving the definition of "contribution" open-ended
> and asking as a way to celebrate those contributions, we could avoid
> any sense of shaming as well as see what the companies consider to
> be important.

Yes, we discussed this in Sydney and I took the action to try to include
it in the Foundation annual report. You can find the result in the
Foundation annual report this year:

https://www.openstack.org/assets/reports/OpenStack-AnnualReport2017.pdf

See pages 7-9. Obviously not optimal (not everybody answered, and some
of the responses are a bit off-topic), but we had limited time to pull
it off and I think it's a good first step. We can take that as a basis
for the next stage of discussion.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)