[openstack-dev] [nova][placement] Trying to summarize bp/glance-image-traits scheduling alternatives for rebuild

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:47:33 UTC 2018

On 4/23/2018 3:26 PM, Eric Fried wrote:
> No, the question you're really asking in this case is, "Do the resource
> providers in this tree contain (or not contain) these traits?"  Which to
> me, translates directly to:
>
>   GET /resource_providers?in_tree=$rp_uuid&required={$TRAIT|!$TRAIT, ...}
>
> ...which we already support.  The answer is a list of providers. Compare
> that to the providers from which resources are already allocated, and
> Bob's your uncle.

OK and that will include filtering the required traits on nested
providers in that tree rather than just against the root provider? If
so, then yeah that sounds like an improvement on option 2 or 3 in my
original email and resolves the issue without having to call (or change)
"GET /allocation_candidates". I still think it should happen from within
ImagePropertiesFilter, but that's an implementation detail.

Matt