[openstack-dev] [tc] campaign question related to new projects

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:45:54 UTC 2018

I think it actually relies upon the new team to actively reaching out to
the existing team. The new team cannot be lazy and wait for something
happen for them, they have to keep reaching out and believe me the core
developers from the existing official project will lend a hand in the end :)

For Cyborg, I didn't even rush the application for an official project
status. We've had more than one year just discuss the necessity and
usefulness of the project, because I was not sure as well at the time if we
are overlapping with something Nova or other project is already doing or we
are just dreaming up some use cases.

It turns out by conducting active and long discussions , we've got more
than enough help from the Nova team :) I believe this is the team that is
famous for their busy schedule, but the core developers helped tramendously
because we are the one that is actively reaching out.

SO back to topic, for TC's role, it should be to help the new team to find
a productive way to actively get in contact with any related existing
teams, not to put pressure on the existing projects :)

Email: zhipengh at uci.edu