[openstack-dev] [all][ptl][release][masakari][murano][qinling][searchlight][zaqar] reminder for rocky-1 milestone deadline

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Apr 20 18:04:08 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Doug Hellmann's message of 2018-04-19 09:15:49 -0400:
> Today is the deadline for proposing a release for the Rocky-1 milestone.
> Please don't forget to include your libraries (client or otherwise) as
> well.
>
> Doug

A few projects have missed the first milestone tagging deadline:

  masakari-monitors
  masakari

  murano-dashboard

  qinling

  searchlight-ui
  searchlight

  zaqar-ui
  zaqar

The policy on missing deadlines this cycle is changing [1]:

  Projects using milestones are expected to tag at least 2 out of
  the 3 for each cycle, or risk being dropped as an official project.
  The release team will remind projects that miss the first milestone,
  and force tags on any later milestones by tagging HEAD at the
  time of the deadline.

The masakari, murano, qinling, searchlight, and zaqar teams should
consider this your reminder.

We really don't want to be making decisions for you about what
constitutes a good release, but we also do not want to have projects
that are not preparing releases. Please keep up with the deadlines.

Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/561258