[openstack-dev] [QA][all] Migration of Tempest / Grenade jobs to Zuul v3 native

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Thu Apr 19 15:18:38 UTC 2018

Andrea Frittoli <andrea.frittoli at gmail.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> a quick update on the current status.
>
> Zuul has been fixed to use the correct branch for roles coming from
> different repositories [1].
> The backport of the devstack patches to support multinode jobs is almost
> complete. All stable/queens patches are merged, stable/pike patches are
> almost all approved and going through the gate [2].
>
> The two facts above mean that now the "devstack-tempest" base job defined
> in Tempest can be switched to use the "orchestrate-devstack" role and thus
> function as a base for multinode jobs [3].
> It also means that work on writing grenade jobs in zuulv3 native format can
> now be resumed [4].
>
> Kind regards
>
> Andrea Frittoli
>
> [1]
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/129217.html
> [2]
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:multinode_zuulv3+(status:open+OR+status:merged
> )
> [4]
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+branch:master+topic:grenade_zuulv3

Also, shortly after this update, we made a change to make it slightly
easier for folks with devstack plugin jobs.  You should no longer need
to set the LIBS_FROM_GIT variable manually; instead, just specify the
project in `required-projects`, and the devstack job will set it
automatically.

See https://review.openstack.org/548331 for an example.

-Jim