[openstack-dev] [stable][trove] keep trove-stable-maint members up-to-date

赵超 zhaochao1984 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 01:49:52 UTC 2018

Matt,

Thanks for the explanation. Currently we don't have much participation in
the Trove project(so much less resources for the stable branches), from
time to time some people would ask or submit patches to the stable
branches, I think it would be sufficient to ask the stable-maint-core team
for help after the trove team have agreed on accepting them.

Thanks for approving the stable branch patches of trove and python-trove,
we also have some in the trove-dashboard.

Some check and gate jobs of python-troveclient and trove-dashboard in the
stable branches do work properly, so some patches couldn't get merged, I'll
try to find ways to fix them.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 12:18 AM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 4/16/2018 3:04 AM, 赵超 wrote:
>

>> There are some patches to stable branches to the different trove repos,
>> and they are always progressing slowly ,because none of the current trove
>> team core members are in the trove-stable-maint. I tried to contact with
>> the previous PTLs about expanding the 'trove-stable-maint' group and keep
>> the group up-to-date, however got no response yet.
>>
>> I noticed that 'stable-maint-core' is always included in the individual
>> project -stable-maint group, could the core stable team help to update the
>> 'trove-stable-maint' group (adding me to it could be sufficient by now)?
>>

> I've gone through the stable branch proposed changes for
> python-troveclient and trove.
>
> The reason the core team from a project isn't automatically core on the
> stable branches for that project is because the review criteria and what's
> appropriate for stable branches is different from changes on the master
> branch. The details are in the stable branch guide [1]. Until it becomes
> clear that there are people that are reviewing stable branch patches and
> understand the rules, they don't get added to the core team for stable.
>
> Until then, you can make review requests for stable patches in the ML like
> you have here, or in the #openstack-stable freenode IRC channel.
>
> I think over time once the stable-maint-core team can identify some people
> that have done a good job of doing early reviews and +1 (and -1
> inappropriate changes) then they can be added to the stable branch core
> team for the project.
>
> [1] https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html
>
> --
>
> Thanks,