[openstack-dev] [placement] Anchor/Relay Providers

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Mon Apr 16 20:16:27 UTC 2018

I was presenting an example using VM-ish resource classes, because I can
write them down and everybody knows what I'm talking about without me
having to explain what they are.  But remember we want placement to be
usable outside of Nova as well.

But also, I thought we had situations where the VCPU and MEMORY_MB were
themselves provided by sharing providers, associated with a compute host
RP that may be itself devoid of inventory.  (This may even be a viable
way to model VMWare's clustery things today.)

-efried