[openstack-dev] [tripleo] roadmap on containers workflow

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Apr 16 02:24:58 UTC 2018

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 5:58 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> A bit of progress today, I prototyped an Ansible role for that purpose:
> https://github.com/EmilienM/ansible-role-container-registry
>
> The next step is, I'm going to investigate if we can deploy Docker and
> Docker Distribution (to deploy the registry v2) via the existing composable
> services in THT by using external_deploy_tasks maybe (or another interface).
> The idea is really to have the registry ready before actually deploying
> the undercloud containers, so we can modify them in the middle (run
> container-check in our case).

This patch: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/561377 is deploying Docker and
Docker Registry v2 *before* containers deployment in the docker_steps.
It's using the external_deploy_tasks interface that runs right after the
host_prep_tasks, so still before starting containers.

It's using the Ansible role that was prototyped on Friday, please take a
look and raise any concern.
Now I would like to investigate how we can run container workflows between
the deployment and docker and containers deployments.
--
Emilien Macchi