[openstack-dev] [Nova][Deployers] Optional, platform specific, dependancies in requirements.txt

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 17:23:48 UTC 2018

On 4/12/2018 7:42 AM, Eric Fried wrote:
> This sounds reasonable to me.  I'm glad the issue was raised, but IMO it
> shouldn't derail progress on an approved blueprint with ready code.
>
> Jichen, would you please go ahead and file that blueprint template (no
> need to write a spec yet) and link it in a review comment on the bottom
> zvm patch so we have a paper trail?  I'm thinking something like
> "Consistent platform-specific and optional requirements" -- that leaves
> us open to decide*how*  we're going to "handle" them.

FWIW I'm also OK with deferring debate on this and not blocking the zvm
stuff for this specific issue, because we can really go down a rabbit
hole if we want to be pedantic on this, for example, os-brick is only
used by a couple of virt drivers, taskflow is only used by powervm,
castellan is optional since we don't require a real key manager, etc.

Matt