[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] TC Report 18-15

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Apr 10 11:15:49 UTC 2018

Also at: https://anticdent.org/tc-report-18-15.html

It feels like people are busy. Traffic in the `#openstack-tc`
channel has been light for the past week.

# Forum Topics

By this coming Thursday we hope to have determined which [of several
topics](https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-forum-TC-sessions)
should be proposed for [the forum](http://forumtopics.openstack.org/).

# Kolla Situation

[In](http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-March/128822.html)
[email](http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/128950.html)
and in IRC discussion
[Wednesday](http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-04-04.log.html#t2018-04-04T17:52:45)
and
[Thursday](http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-04-05.log.html#t2018-04-05T15:01:20)
the many faces of Kolla have been debated. This started as a
discussion of whether kolla-kubernetes should be retired but has
branched widely since then, including plenty of discussion on
whether Kolla is doing containers "the right way" (whatever that
might be), and whether the start scripts in Kolla images should [be
moved](http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-April/129088.html).

One of the side topics within this discussion is the nature of the
multiple hats worn by members of the community when engaging in
discussion. Does membership on the TC mean that everything you say
is with the voice of the TC? I certainly hope not, however there is
probably more that can be done to be clear which hat is being worn
in any given situation.

(So it's clear, these reports are written wearing my Chris hat and
are not the voice of the TC.)

# Consumption Models

There was some discussion [on
Thursday](http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-04-05.log.html#t2018-04-05T15:40:23)
about more effectively tracking the consumption (of OpenStack)
models that are present in the community. ttx suggested some
additional survey questions. Better data ought to help us decide if
energy is being spent in the right ways.

# Elections

The nomination period for TC
[elections](https://governance.openstack.org/election/) starts
tonight at 1 minute to midnight, UTC. There are seven positions open
for this election. The [potential forum
topics](https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-forum-TC-sessions) give
a pretty good overview of _some_ of the things that are on the TC's
radar for the coming months.