[openstack-dev] [oslo.db] innodb OPTIMIZE TABLE ?

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Apr 9 13:25:42 UTC 2018

On Tue, Apr 03 2018, Jay Pipes wrote:

> Possibly, though it's questionable to use MySQL/InnoDB for storing transient
> data that is deleted often like ceilometer samples and keystone tokens. A much
> better solution is to use RDBMS partitioning so you can simply ALTER TABLE ..
> DROP PARTITION those partitions that are no longer relevant (and don't even
> bother DELETEing individual rows) or, in the case of Ceilometer samples, don't
> use a traditional RDBMS for timeseries data at all...

For the record, and because I imagine not everyone follows Ceilometer,
this codes does not exist anymore in Queens. Ceilometer storage (and
API) has been deprecated for 2 cycles already and removed last release.

Feel free to continue discussing the problem, but you can ignore
Ceilometer. :)

--
Julien Danjou
/* Free Software hacker