[openstack-dev] [neutron][horizon][l2gw] Unable to create a floating IP

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Mon Apr 9 12:32:40 UTC 2018

Hi,
From Queens onwards we have a issue with horizon and L2GW. We are unable to create a floating IP. This does not occur when using the CLI only via horizon. The error received is
‘Error: User does not have admin privileges: Cannot GET resource for non admin tenant. Neutron server returns request_ids: ['req-f07a3aac-0994-4d3a-8409-1e55b374af9d']’
This is due to: https://github.com/openstack/networking-l2gw/blob/master/networking_l2gw/db/l2gateway/l2gateway_db.py#L316
This worked in Ocata and not sure what has changed since then ☹. Maybe in the past the Ocata quota’s were not checking L2gw.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Gary