[openstack-dev] [horizon][xstatic]How to handle xstatic if upstream files are modified

Xinni Ge xinni.ge1990 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 00:54:15 UTC 2018

Hello, team.

Sorry for talking about xstatic repo for so many times.

I didn't realize xstatic repositories should be provided with exactly the
same file as upstream, and should have talked about it at very first.

I modified several upstream files because some of them files couldn't be
used directly under my expectation.

For example,  {{ }} are used in some original files as template tags, but
Horizon adopts {$ $} in angular module, so I modified them to be recognized
properly.

Another major modification is that css files are converted into scss files
to solve some css import issue previously.
Besides, after collecting statics, some png file paths in css cannot be
referenced properly and shown as 404 errors, I also modified css itself to
handle this issues.

I will recheck all the un-matched xstatic repositories and try to replace
with upstream  files as much as I can.
But I if I really have to modify some original files, is it acceptable to
still use it as embedded files with license info appeared at the top?

Best Regards,
Xinni Ge