[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 2 April 2018

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Apr 6 21:10:01 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 2 April 2018

## News

Relatively quiet week. Most of our activity was focused on polishing up specs.

## Open Specs

Search query: https://goo.gl/eyTktx

No new specs have been proposed since last week. We're getting some good feedback on the cross-project spec to implement default roles[1], which will need more discussion and clarification. One hot debate was (is?) over what the role names should be (as a team we're really good at naming things).

The JWT spec[2] also needs some attentive eyes on it, and the unified limits spec[3] may need to have its scope narrowed down. The application credentials spec[4] is probably one or two revisions away from being ready to merge.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/523973
[2] https://review.openstack.org/541903
[3] https://review.openstack.org/540803
[4] https://review.openstack.org/396331

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://goo.gl/hdD9Kw

We merged 8 changes this week.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://goo.gl/tW5PiH

There are 38 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html

The keystone spec proposal freeze is in two weeks.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter