[openstack-dev] [tripleo][ci] use of tags in launchpad bugs

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 19:04:27 UTC 2018

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 12:55 PM, Wesley Hayutin <whayutin at redhat.com> wrote:
> FYI...
>
> This is news to me so thanks to Emilien for pointing it out [1].
> There are official tags for tripleo launchpad bugs.  Personally, I like what
> I've seen recently with some extra tags as they could be helpful in finding
> the history of particular issues.
> So hypothetically would it be "wrong" to create an official tag for each
> featureset config number upstream.  I ask because that is adding a lot of
> tags but also serves as a good test case for what is good/bad use of tags.

We list official tags over in the specs repo[0].   That being said as
we investigate switching over to storyboard, we'll probably want to
revisit tags as they will have to be used more to replace some of the
functionality we had with launchpad (e.g. milestones).  You could
always add the tags without being an official tag. I'm not sure I
would really want all the featuresets as tags.  I'd rather see us
actually figure out what component is actually failing than relying on
a featureset (and the Rosetta stone for decoding featuresets to
functionality[1]).

Thanks,
-Alex

[0] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tripleo-specs/tree/specs/policy/bug-tagging.rst#n30