[openstack-dev] Openstack Deployment issue - Tripleo

Waleed Musa waleedm at mellanox.com
Wed Apr 4 13:09:30 UTC 2018

Hi guys,

We have a problem with deploying Tripleo that the network configuration is not propagated to ComputeSriov nodes.

I've included my own network.yaml to be like that:

resource_registry:

  OS::TripleO::ComputeSriov::Net::SoftwareConfig: ./computesriov.yaml
  OS::TripleO::Controller::Net::SoftwareConfig: ./controller.yaml

Now regarding the computesriov.yaml I edited the interface name only , but for the ./controller.yaml I keep it as the default one comes with single-vlan because it's a VM.

The controller propagated the network configuration and passed all the deployment steps but for the ComputeSriov is not propagated to the network configuration.

The deployment command is as following:
openstack overcloud deploy \
    --templates /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates \
    -r ~/roles_data_new.yaml \
    --libvirt-type kvm --control-flavor oooq_control --compute-flavor oooq_compute --ceph-storage-flavor oooq_ceph --block-storage-flavor oooq_blockstorage --swift-storage-flavor oooq_objectstorage --timeout 90  -e /home/stack/cloud-names.yaml      -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/docker.yaml   -e /home/stack/containers-default-parameters.yaml  -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/network-isolation.yaml -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/net-single-nic-with-vlans.yaml -e /home/stack/network-environment.yaml  -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/low-memory-usage.yaml  -e /home/stack/enable-tls.yaml -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/tls-endpoints-public-ip.yaml -e /home/stack/inject-trust-anchor.yaml   -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/disable-telemetry.yaml   --validation-warnings-fatal    -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/config-download-environment.yaml --config-download --verbose --ntp-server pool.ntp.org  \
      -e ~/nic_configs/network.yaml \
      -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/host-config-and-reboot.yaml \
      -e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/services-docker/neutron-opendaylight-hw-offload.yaml \
    ${DEPLOY_ENV_YAML:+-e $DEPLOY_ENV_YAML} "$@" && status_code=0 || status_code=$?

Can you advice what is causing this issue, this just has happened after installing the latest queens.

Regards

Waleed Mousa

SW Engineer at Mellanox