[openstack-dev] [designate] multi domain usage for handlers

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Fri Sep 29 13:41:07 UTC 2017

On 29/09/17 11:39, Kim-Norman Sahm wrote:
> Hi Graham,
>
> thanks for your answer.
> I want try to extent the nova_fixed handler for our requirements.
>
> how can i enable a new handler in designate?
> I've defined a new handler section in designate.conf and copied my
> handlername.py file to
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/designate/notification_handler but
> designate sink should not use it:
>
> 2017-09-29 12:19:26.180 12177 WARNING designate.sink.service [-] No
> designate-sink handlers enabled or loaded
>
> regards
> Kim

If you look at this folder:
https://github.com/openstack/designate/tree/master/contrib/designate-ext-samplehandler

it has an example handler.

You would need to copy that folder, and then write your custom handler.

Then update
https://github.com/openstack/designate/blob/master/contrib/designate-ext-samplehandler/setup.cfg
with the new details, and `pip install` the handler.

Then you can set the enabled handlers to be what ever you set:

https://github.com/openstack/designate/blob/master/contrib/designate-ext-samplehandler/setup.cfg#L28

to be.

Thanks,

Graham