[openstack-dev] [glance] multi threads with swift backend

Arnaud MORIN arnaud.morin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 15:27:40 UTC 2017

Hey all,
So I finally tested your pull requests, it does not work.
1 - For uploads, swiftclient is not using threads when source is given by
glance:
https://github.com/openstack/python-swiftclient/blob/master/swiftclient/service.py#L1847

2 - For downloads, when requesting the file from swift, it is recomposing
the chunks into one big file.

So patch is not so easy.

IMHO, for uploads, we should try to uploads chunks using multithreads.
Sounds doable.
For downloads, I need to dig a little bit more in glance store code to be
sure, but maybe we can try to download the chunks separately and recompose
them locally before sending it to the requester (compute / cli).

Cheers,