[openstack-dev] Disk Image Builder for redhat 7.4

Amrith Kumar amrith.kumar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 02:49:32 UTC 2017

As Tony says, there's a base image that you can use for RHEL 7.4. Yes, you
can install Oracle onto the image using dib.

In saying that I only mean that it is possible. I make no statement about
the supportability of that solution by any vendors involved.

To do it, you would create elements (the basic unit of abstraction) in dib.

You would, for example have an element with an install.d phase that would
install the Oracle package just the same way you would if you did it by
hand.

Then you'd invoke a command like

disk-image-create rhel7 vm your-oracle-element -o oracle-image.qcow2 ...
maybe a couple of other options for good measure ...

-amrith