[openstack-dev] OpenStack-Ansible and Trove support

Michael Gale gale.michael at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 02:31:33 UTC 2017

Hello JP,

    At this point in time I am only looking for a PoC environment, if it is
part of the AIO that is perfect for now.

I would also like to communicate within my organization that we could start
using Trove after X release cycle. We currently have no dependency on it's
availability.

Michael

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 6:29 AM, Jean-Philippe Evrard <
jean-philippe at evrard.me> wrote:

> Hello Michael,
>
> On top of that, we intend to have a "role maturity" that will include
> when the role was proposed and it's current maturity phase, for more
> clarity, not unlike openstack project navigator.
>
> Our os_trove role has not received many commits recently, and the
> "maintenance mode" of Trove will probably impact you in the future.
> Do you intend to keep a trove installation in production, or do you
> want to do a PoC?
>
> Best regards,
> JP
>
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 12:24 AM, Amy Marrich <amy at demarco.com> wrote:
> > Michael,
> >
> > There are release notes for each release that will go over what's new,
> > what's on it's way out or even gone as well as bug fixes and other
> > information. Here's a link to the Ocata release notes for
> OpenStack-Ansible
> > which includes the announcement of the Trove role.
> >
> > https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/openstack-ansible/ocata.html
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Amy (spotz)
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Michael Gale <gale.michael at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >>    Based on github and
> >> https://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ansible-os_trove/latest/ it looks
> like
> >> OpenStack-Ansible will support Trove under the Ocata release.
> >>
> >> Is that assumption correct? is there a better method to determine when a
> >> software component will likely be included in a release?
> >>
> >> Michael

“The Man who says he can, and the man who says he can not.. Are both
correct”