[openstack-dev] l2gw

Ricardo Noriega De Soto rnoriega at redhat.com
Wed Sep 27 16:40:44 UTC 2017

Hey Lajos,

Is this the exception you are encountering?

(neutron) l2-gateway-update --device name=hwvtep,interface_names=eth0,eth1
gw1
L2 Gateway 'b8ef7f98-e901-4ef5-b159-df53364ca996' still has active mappings
with one or more neutron networks.
Neutron server returns request_ids:
['req-f231dc53-cb7d-4221-ab74-fa8715f85869']

I don't see the L2GatewayInUse exception you're talking about, but I guess
it's the same situation.

We should discuss in which case the l2gw instance could be updated, and in
which cases it shouldn't.

Please, let me know!

On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Lajos Katona <lajos.katona at ericsson.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We faced an issue with l2-gw-update, which means that actually if there
> are connections for a gw the update will throw an exception
> (L2GatewayInUse), and the update is only possible after deleting first the
> connections, do the update and add the connections back.
>
> It is not exactly clear why this restriction is there in the code (at
> least I can't find it in docs or comments in the code, or review).
> As I see the check for network connections was introduced in this patch:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/144097 (https://review.openstack.org/
> #/c/144097/21..22/networking_l2gw/db/l2gateway/l2gateway_db.py)
>
> Could you please give me a little background why the update operation is
> not allowed on an l2gw with network connections?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help.
>
> Regards
> Lajos

Ricardo Noriega

Senior Software Engineer - NFV Partner Engineer | Office of Technology  |
Red Hat
irc: rnoriega @freenode