[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Newton End-Of-Life (EOL) next month (reminder #1)

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Sep 27 05:31:59 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:17 PM, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com> wrote:
> With that in mind I'd suggest that your review isn't appropriate for

If we have to give up backports that help customers to get
production-ready environments, I would consider giving up stable
policy tag which probably doesn't fit for projects like installers. In
a real world, users don't deploy master or Pike (even not Ocata) but
are still on Liberty, and most of the time Newton.

What proposing Giulio probably comes from the real world, the field,
who actually manage OpenStack at scale and on real environments (not
in devstack from master). If we can't have this code in-tree, we'll
probably carry this patch downstream (which is IMHO bad because of
maintenance and lack of CI). In that case, I'll vote to give up
stable:follows-policy so we can do what we need.
--
Emilien Macchi