[openstack-dev] Garbage patches for simple typo fixes

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Sep 22 18:47:51 UTC 2017

Excerpts from Davanum Srinivas (dims)'s message of 2017-09-22 13:47:06 -0400:
> Doug,
> Howard (cc'ed) already did a bunch of reaching out especially on
> wechat. We should request his help.
>
> Howard,
> Can you please help with communications and follow up?
>
> Thanks,
> Dims

Thanks, Dims and Howard,

I think the problem has reached a point where it would be a good
idea to formalize our approach to outreach. We should track the
patches or patch series identified as problematic, so reviewers
know not to bother with them. We can also track who is contacting
whom (and how) so we don't have a bunch of people replicating work
or causing confusion for people who are trying to contribute. Having
that information will also help us figure out when we need to
escalate by finding the right managers to be talking to.

Let's put together a small team to manage this instead of letting
it continue to cause frustration for everyone.

Doug