[openstack-dev] [skip-level-upgrades][fast-forward-upgrades] PTG summary

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Wed Sep 20 18:47:38 UTC 2017

On 09/20/2017 02:25 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Dan Smith's message of 2017-09-20 10:09:54 -0700:

>>> We've previously tried to avoid changing assert tag definitions because
>>> we then have to re-review all of the projects that already have the tags
>>> to ensure they meet the new criteria. It might be easier to add a new
>>> tag for assert:supports-fast-forward-upgrades with the criteria that are
>>> unique to this use case.
>>
>> We already have a confusing array of upgrade tags, so I would really
>> rather not add more that overlap in complicated ways. Most of the change
>> here is clarification of things I think most people assume, so I don't
>> think the validation effort will be a lot of work.
>>
>> --Dan
>
> OK, I'll wait to see what the actual updates look like before commenting
> further, but it sounds like working on the existing tag definitions is a
> good first step.

Agreed. We're already at 5 upgrade tags now?

I think honestly we're going to need a picture to explain the
differences between them. Based on the confusion that kept seeming to
come during discussions at the PTG, I think we need to circle around and
figure out if there are different ways to explain this to have greater
clarity.

       -Sean

--
Sean Dague