[openstack-dev] [ironic] code patches & bugs

Loo, Ruby ruby.loo at intel.com
Wed Sep 20 14:18:52 UTC 2017

Hi,

Just a reminder to make sure that if you are submitting a code patch to fix something that could be apparent to our users, that it should be considered a bug (or a feature). Which means that there should be a launchpad bug [1] associated with it, and a release note.

I know we've been fairly lax about that in the past and I know that it is yet more-stuff-to-do-just-to-fix-something. However, we (I) just encountered a case where we are backporting a patch that did not originally have a bug associated with it nor a release note :-(

Thanks!
--ruby

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic