[openstack-dev] [requirements][stable] EOL tags and upper-constraints.txt in tox.ini

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Sep 20 12:30:59 UTC 2017

On 2017-09-20 07:11:51 -0500 (-0500), Matthew Thode wrote:
> On 17-09-20 13:35:44, Michal Pryc wrote:
> > EOL releases for the nova component (checked neutron as well,
> > possibly many other components) have wrong pointers to the
> > upper-constraints.txt files as they are referencing
> > stable/branch rather then branch-eol
[...]
> I think this is an error in our process that should be fixed
> (newton is going EOL soon).
[...]

As you may recall, at the PTG we also discussed a solution to this
problem (under the auspices of solving the reverse scenario during
the RC period for upcoming releases): specifically, publishing
branch series constraints files to the releases site. EOL'd projects
can refer to those at a static URL indefinitely rather than being at
the mercy of branch/tag changes in the Git repository.
--
Jeremy Stanley