[openstack-dev] [docs][ptls][install] Install guide vs. tutorial

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Tue Sep 19 12:23:17 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone had a safe trip home after the PTG!

Since the doc-migration, quite a number or individuals have had questions regarding the usage of “Install Tutorial” vs. “Install Guide” in our documentation in the openstack-manuals repo and in the project-specific repos. We (the doc team) agree there should be consistency across all repos and would like to bring this to the table to discuss.

Previously, we have used the phrase ‘tutorial’ as the literal translation of a tutorial is that of a ‘paper, book, film, or computer program that provides practical information about a specific subject.’

Thoughts?

Alex