[openstack-dev] [all] review.openstack.org downtime and Gerrit upgrade TODAY 15:00 UTC - 23:59 UTC

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Mon Sep 18 23:58:07 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017, at 06:43 AM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Just a friendly reminder that the upgrade will happen TODAY, Monday
> 18th, starting at 15:00 UTC. The infra team expects that it takes 8
> hours, so until 2359 UTC.

This work was functionally completed at 23:43 UTC. We are now running
Gerrit 2.13.9. There are some cleanup steps that need to be performed in
Infra land, mostly to get puppet running properly again.

You will also notice that newer Gerrit behaves in some new and exciting
ways. Most of these should be improvements like not needing to reapprove
changes that already have a +1 Workflow but also have a +1 Verified;
recheck should now work for these cases. If you find a new behavior that
looks like a bug please let us know, but we should also work to file
them upstream so that newer Gerrit can address them.

Feel free to ask us questions if anything else comes up.

Thank you to everyone that helped with the upgrade. Seems like these get
more and more difficult with each Gerrit release so all the help is
greatly appreciated.

Clark