[openstack-dev] [TripleO] TripleO/Ansible PTG session

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 18:36:25 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at fastmail.com> wrote:
> Was there any discussion at the PTG on how the newly released AWX[1] will
> affect tripleo/ansible (will it?) or ara or such? Thoughts there?
>
> [1] https://github.com/ansible/awx

I wasn't at this particular session (wish I could've cloned myself
several times to attend everything) but AWX doesn't change anything as
far as ARA is concerned.
The use cases are different.

One provides things like
ACL/RBAC/authentication/reporting/auditing/running/editing/etc but
also requires memcached, postgres, rabbitmq, a dedicated server and
running your playbooks through it.
The other one provides... reporting and requires 'pip install ara' on
your laptop :)

The folks from Ansible and Tower have reached out to me about
collaborating and talked about integration with AWX/Tower.
I don't know yet what this means and what it will translate to but
I'll have an idea in the next few weeks.

David Moreau Simard
Senior Software Engineer | OpenStack RDO

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]