[openstack-dev] [horizon] A Monitoring panel plugin for Horizon

Esra Celik celik.esra at tubitak.gov.tr
Fri Sep 15 12:01:48 UTC 2017

Hi Julien,
On Tue, Aug 11 2017, Julien Danjou wrote:

>> We are happy to share with you that we developed an AngularJS based usage >> monitoring panel for Horizon. >> The panel visualizes the collected utilization data by Ceilometer. >> >> Source code is now available on github [1]. >> >> The plugin consists of 3 panels; a monitoring panel for users, a project >> monitoring panel and a hypervisor monitoring panel for admins. >> >> A user can display utilization charts for the current project's instances, >> export the metrics in csv format and launch alarms using the dashboard. >> We have another service to capture these alarms and send notification e-mails >> to the cloud users which is also available on github.com/b3lab. >> An admin can display projects' utilization charts, export the metrics in csv >> format in Project Monitor panel. And the Hypervisor Monitor panel is to >> visualize SNMP based metrics collected from hypervisors. >> >> We are currently improving some features. >> >> Some screenshots published at our website [2]. We also uploaded two videos >> showing some features of the plugin [3][4]. >> >> All comments and ideas are welcome! >
> Did you build all of this against the deprecated Ceilometer API rather
> than Gnocchi? :(
We published a new release of our Monitor Panel which uses Gnocchi api as the backend [1].
As Gokhan said, our cloud platform is still on Mitaka so we tested this new release on Devstack,
It seems quite faster than mongodb, so we also added the weekly and monthly monitoring options.
Do you have any other suggestions?

[1] https://github.com/b3lab/safir_monitor_dashboard

Thanks in advance,

ecelik