[openstack-dev] removing screen from devstack - RSN

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Mon Sep 11 17:34:09 UTC 2017

Miguel-

	Sean was in favor of that, and I started looking into it for plain pdb,
but it barely seemed worth it - it would wind up being like three LOC.
I definitely wouldn't oppose it, though.  Please add me to that review
if you go for it.

	What seemed more interesting to me was a utility to do the remote-pdb
thing, but that was more ambitious than I wanted to take on right now.
It would have to watch the relevant log for the message declaring the
telnet port, and then open a telnet session to that port.  To be useful
in a multithreaded service, I imagine it would want to pop open the
telnet session in a new window, which means you gotta have X set up
right, etc.  (Say, maybe it could use screen ;-)

	A bonus (for either of the above) would be setting up bash autocomplete
for the service names...

			Thanks,
			Eric (efried)