[openstack-dev] [neutron] [octavia] Neutron LBaaS V2 with haproxy namespace driver HA

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 21:30:47 UTC 2017

Hi Liping,

FYI, Neutron LBaaS is no longer part of Neutron.  Load balancing has
been consolidated under the Octavia project. I have added that tag to
the subject.

We currently do not have plans to add HA capabilities to the haproxy
namespace driver. The intention behind building the octavia driver was
to enable a scalable and HA load balancing driver.
There would be a number of complications to enabling this and given
the limitations of the haproxy namespace driver most environments with
HA requirements use the octavia driver.

Michael