[openstack-dev] [tripleo] fluentd integration cleanup

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Fri Sep 8 21:14:20 UTC 2017

[tl;dr] shardy, these are the fluentd changes we discussed.

The original fluentd integration in tripleo landed just before before
service_config_settings, so it used some janky changes in
common/services.yaml in order to aggregate configuration information from
other services in the service chain.

With the availability of service_config_settings this is no longer
necessary.  I've started the work to clean up the fluentd integration to
use the new mechanism.

The work is being tracked in https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1715187
and you can find all the changes at
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bug/1715187. There are changes to
tripleo-heat-templates and to puppet-tripleo.

Everything is currently marked [WIP]. While the changes Work For Me, I know
that there is ongoing work to support the Pike release and these changes in
particular will conflict with some work that jbadiapa is doing for
containerized fluentd in Pike.  I'd like to make sure that Pike has settled
before landing these.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com>