[openstack-dev] [nova] Pike blueprint burndown chart

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 14:41:21 UTC 2017

I sent a similar email after Ocata was released [1] and these are our
blueprint burndown chart results for Pike [2].

Comparing to Ocata, the trends and numbers are nearly identical. Things
ramp up until the spec freeze, then tail off, with a little spike toward
the end which is generally exceptions or accounting for things I missed,
e.g. blueprints that weren't targeted to the pike series correctly in
launchpad.

Comparing final numbers to Ocata
--------------------------------

Max targeted / approved for Ocata: 78 / 70

Max targeted / approved for Pike: 76 / 69

Final completed for Ocata: 47

Final completed for Pike: 50

--

Ocata was as shorter cycle so we knew numbers would be down compared to
Newton. Pike was a full 6 month cycle again, but we were also hit with

We can talk about this and more during the PTG when we go through our
Pike retrospective [3].

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-February/111639.html
[2]