[openstack-dev] [infra][docs] Why Manila api-ref doc isn't published?

Eric Fried openstack at fried.cc
Tue Sep 5 12:30:40 UTC 2017

Agree with everything fungi has said here.

Per
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/service-types-authority/tree/README.rst#n97
we want the official service type to be singular rather than plural.

And per the doc migration movement, we want the API references to live
at standard URLs based on their official service type.

So the official API reference should indeed be at [1], which it seems to
be, as you pointed out.

However, I also agree with your point that there are obviously stale
links in the world pointing to the plural version, and adding a redirect
would be a good idea while those get cleaned up.  I have proposed [2]
for this.

Please also note that, per my comment at [3], I feel we should be moving
toward a place where sources linking to API references should be
gleaning the URLs dynamically from the service-types-authority rather
than hardcoding them.

[1] https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/shared-file-system/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/500792/

Thanks,