[openstack-dev] [all] connecting nova notification users and developers

McLellan, Steven steve.mclellan at hpe.com
Tue Sep 5 02:07:10 UTC 2017

As you mention, searchlight consumes notifications from nova and other services. We've been moving towards versioned notifications over the last couple of cycles. Our use case is maybe unusual that we'd prefer notifications to represent the current state of a resource (with a timestamp) though I can think of others where the delta is more important. We've been working with you towards having the payloads have more in common with what you'd get from nova api responses since part of what we're trying to do is act as a fast cache.