[openstack-dev] [oslo][oslo.serialization]

Tom STAPPAERTS tom.stappaerts at nuagenetworks.net
Mon Sep 4 14:15:48 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

We are having an issue when trying to json.dumps() an object that contains
an IPNetwork. oslo.serialization.jsonutils.to_primitive() tries to include
every single ip address in the ip network in the dumped json. This of
course creates issues with an ipv6 network.

You guys fixed this in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/475052/ , but only
for master / 2.19.0 upwards.

Is there a way to backport this to newton/ocata releases as well? I am more
than happy to do the heavy lifting on this, but wanted to check with you
guys before I start submitting anything :)

Kind regards,
Tom Stappaerts
Nokia OpenStack software engineer