[openstack-dev] [infra][all][stable] Zuul v3 changes and stable branches

Boden Russell bodenvmw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 10:54:49 UTC 2017

On 10/27/17 6:35 PM, James E. Blair wrote:

> We're rolling out a new version of Zuul that corrects the issues, and
> the migration doc has been updated.  The main things to know are:
>
> * If your project has stable branches, we recommend backporting the Zuul
>   config along with all the playbooks and roles that are in your repo to
>   the stable branches.

Does this apply to projects that don't have an in-repo config in master
and only use shared artifacts?

For example, our project's (master) pipeline is in project-config's
projects.yaml and only uses shared templates/jobs/playbooks. Is the
expectation that we copy this pipeline to an in-repo zuul.yaml for each
stable branch as well as the "shared" playbooks?