[openstack-dev] [all] [elections] Technical Committee Election Results

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Thu Oct 26 03:36:04 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 10:06:46PM -0400, David Moreau Simard wrote:
> Was it just me or did the "official" period for campaigning/questions was
> awfully short ?
>
> The schedule [1] went:
> ​TC Campaigning: (Start) Oct 11, 2017 23:59 UTC (End) Oct 14, 2017 23:45
> UTC​

The original was:
  - name: 'TC Campaigning'
    start: '2017-10-09T23:59'
    end:   '2017-10-12T23:45'

but that needed to be adjusted (https://review.openstack.org/509654/)

While that was still the same duration it was mid-week.

> ​That's three days, one of which was a saturday.
> Was it always this short ? It seems to me that this is not a lot of time to
> the community to ask (read, and answer) thoughful ​questions.
>
> I realize this doesn't mean you can't keep asking questions once the actual
> election voting start but I wonder if we should cut a few days from the
> nomination and give it to the campaigning.

I can't find anything that documents how long the nomination period
needed to be, perhaps I missed it?  So we could do this but it's already
quite short.  So more likely we could just extend the Campaigning period
if that's the consensus.

The whole election takes close to 3 weeks of officials time so I'd like
to ask we be mindful of that before we extend things too much

Yours Tony.