[openstack-dev] [heat][horizon] Migration to heat-dashboard: how can we move this forward?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 02:47:10 UTC 2017

Hi Heat dashboard team,

I noticed heat-dashboard repository was created.
I have several questions from horizon side.

A big question is "When does the switch happen?"

This mainly affects two things:

(1) Patch reviews and approvals in horizon

Should the horizon team stop to accept heat-dashboard related patches
into the horizon repo now?
If you want to migrate in parallel, you need to take care of what
happens in the horizon repo continuously.
The simplest way is to stop any activities in horizon side.

Note that one patch landed yesterday into the horizon repo.
Perhaps the heat-dashboard team will cherry-pick it into your repository.

(2) Bug Management

Is it okay to forward heat-related bugs into heat-dashboard launchpad?
When do we start?
There are several number of existing bugs related to the heat dashboard.
The horizon team now just adds 'heat' tag and is waiting for heat-dashboard.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/horizon/+bugs?field.tag=heat

Thanks,
Akihiro