[openstack-dev] [oslo][bilean][cue][poppy] Remove the parameter enforce_type from set_override and set_default

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Oct 24 14:30:38 UTC 2017

Excerpts from ChangBo Guo's message of 2017-10-24 14:27:11 +0800:
> We plan to remove  the parameter enforce_type from set_override and
> set_default  in oslo.config [1].  we have been blocking  its usage in
> bilean, cue, poppy for a long time. patchs were posted in these projects
> [2][3][4].   What we can do next, Just remove the Depends-On and go ahead
> in oslo side ? or push reviewers of these projects.

> [2]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/503199/
> [3]https://review.openstack.org/#/c/503236/

Based on recent contribution levels, I think we can ignore all three of
those projects.

Bilean:
http://stackalytics.com/?release=pike&module=bilean&metric=commits

Cue:
http://stackalytics.com/?release=all&metric=commits&module=cue-group

Poppy: http://stackalytics.com/?release=all&metric=commits&module=poppy

I suggest we remove the depends-on, leave the patches in those projects
up for review, and move ahead.

Doug