[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Openstack-operators][tc] [keystone][all] v2.0 API removal

Sam Matzek matzeksam at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:41:54 UTC 2017

The Keystone v2 removal also broke Trove's gate.  Trove's functional
and scenario tests had Keystone v2 hard codings and also relied on a >
4 year old 'compat' client package in the python-troveclient that did
not have V3 support.

Both cases required a lot of scrambling find all the v2 hard codings
and add in v3 support.

I'm completely behind the V2 removal and am glad we've finally crossed
that bridge. The one thing that I think could have been handled better
was a longer amount of time between making devstack use V3 by default
and the actual removal of the V2 auth APIs.  There were 8 days between
these two commits.  It may have been better to switch devstack to use
v3 a half cycle or full cycle before removing the v2 APIs to allow
teams that had impacts more time to react.