[openstack-dev] [networking-ovn] Error while running unit tests(master branch)

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 09:27:49 UTC 2017

Hi Pranab,

Thanks for the interest in OVN.

> # tox
> {9}networking_ovn.tests.unit.ovsdb.test_ovsdb_monitor.TestOvnConnection.test_connection_sb_start
> [0.015743s] ... ok
> Mechanism driver 'ovn' failed in create_port_precommit
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "networking-ovn-orig/networking-ovn/.tox/py27/src/neutron/neutron/plugins/ml2/managers.py",
> line 428, in _call_on_drivers
>     getattr(driver.obj, method_name)(context)
>   File "networking_ovn/ml2/mech_driver.py", line 325, in create_port_precommit
>     utils.validate_and_get_data_from_binding_profile(port)
>   File "networking_ovn/common/utils.py", line 162, in
> validate_and_get_data_from_binding_profile
>     raise n_exc.InvalidInput(error_message=msg)
> InvalidInput: Invalid input for operation: Invalid binding:profile.
> vtep-logical-switch 1234 value invalid type.
>
> Is the test suite broken?.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix it?

So, not really sure what is going on there. I've just ran the
unit-tests (master branch) against a fresh environment using both
Python 2 and 3 interpreters and it finished successfully [0].

Could you please paste (at [1]) the whole output of the tests run for
us please ?

[0] http://paste.openstack.org/show/624353/
[1] http://paste.openstack.org/

Cheers,