[openstack-dev] Fwd: [Openstack-operators][tc] [keystone][all] v2.0 API removal

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Oct 21 13:37:01 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-20 22:50:53 +0000 (+0000), Fox, Kevin M wrote:
[...]
> Ideally, there should be an OpenStack overarching architecture
> team of some sort to handle this kind of thing I think.

There was one for a while, but it dissolved due to lack of community
participation. If you'd like to help reboot it, Clint B. can
probably provide you with background on the previous attempt.

> Without such an entity though, I think the TC is probably
> currently the best place to discuss it though?

Contrary to the impression some people seem to have, the TC is not
primarily composed of cloud architects; it's an elected body of
community leaders who seek informed input from people like you. I've
personally found no fault in the process and timeline the Keystone
team followed in this situation but I'm also not the primary
audience for their software, so it's good to hear from those who are
about ways to improve similar cases in the future. However, I also
understand that no matter how widely and carefully changes are
communicated, there's only so much anyone can do to avoid surprising
the subset of users who simply don't pay attention.
--
Jeremy Stanley