[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-18, October 21-27

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Oct 19 21:44:42 UTC 2017

At last, our regular release countdown email.

Development Focus
-----------------

We are now past the Queens-1 milestone. While there are still some Zuul job
issues being worked through, all cycle-following projects should have posted a
release request for the first milestone. If you have not yet, please do that as
soon as possible and let me know if you have any issues preventing it. We will
process those release requests as soon as we sort out the last of the
publishing job issues, so just know that the final Queens-1 deliverables may
not be available until the following week.

It is also a good time to think about about library and client releases. All
projects with these deliverables should try to have a release done before
Queens-2. This is not expected to be the final release for these libs for
Queens, but it is good to get changes out there so we can discover issues
before the end of the cycle.

And another reminder to pay attention to the work being done in support of the
Queens cycle goals [1].

[1] https://governance.openstack.org/tc/goals/queens/index.html

General Information
-------------------

TC elections (will have) ended at end of day UTC time on the 20th [2]. If you
are reading this before then and have not voted, please take a moment and make
sure your voice is heard.

[2] https://governance.openstack.org/election/

If you have not received your election link email, please make sure to check
your junk folders as it appears many mail providers are unfortunately
classifying these as spam.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Forum at OpenStack Summit in Sydney: November 6-8
Queens-2 Milestone: December 7

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)